Thursday, April 2, 2009

Love must be forgotten, life can always start up anew

"This is our decision, to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah, it's overwhelming, but what else can we do.
Get jobs in offices, and wake up for the morning commute."

Time To Pretend ~ MGMT

Today I found out that I am being laid off from my job. I have less than a month and then the job I've had for the last two years (almost to the day) will be no more. I've been through this before, more times then I care to mention, but it never becomes easier to deal with. That said, it is change, and change has been what I've pleaded for lately. Sometimes the universe kicks you when you need it; a karmic nudge saying "there is somewhere else you want to be."

Of course the places I want to be, in most instances, are highly aspirational and nearly impossible. That said, is it not the purpose of life to try to challenge the obstacles? Is it not our own self-doubt and limitations we create to believe, that truly make things impossible?

I loathe working in an office and the daily commute, it has never been where my heart was. It was always a means to an end, a necessity to do things like eat, sleep, and have some sources of entertainment.

But what I really want to do, all those dreams that swirl around in my head, could this be the time to finally give it a go? If I'm scared, perhaps I can just learn to pretend to be brave.

(song of the day)

No comments:

Post a Comment