Tuesday, October 2, 2007

so bury me deep


there are all kinds of ghosts in this world, all kinds of things that haunt us. sometimes they aren’t of the spirit variety, though. sometimes they come in the form of the things we wished we’d said, in the memories of the people we let slip away, in the kisses that we wish we had given, and the places we regret never going to.

on those particularly cold nights, you know the ones that chill you in ways that are not weather related; it is then that these ghosts they dance around us, taunt and tease us, wrap us up in a blanket of ghosts that feels something akin to longing and i wish.

"the spirit is willing, but the flesh is so weak
i wanna kiss her lips, but i kissed her cheek
just hear my request, give this one on fair way
please take me home before it’s too late

bury me deep, cover me with snow
wrap me in sleep, blanket of ghosts."

No comments:

Post a Comment