Sunday, June 22, 2008

the night could last forever


keep art alive; art by joshua petker

atomic nights and lucid dreaming: an a mix


atomic ~ blondie

"tonight,
make it magnificent."

all night long ~ empires

"they just howl,
all night long."

all at sea ~ the libertines

"where can i go,
just to hear the songs i need?"

alone, together ~ the strokes

"things they have changed in such a permanent way."


"if you close the door,
the night could last forever,
leave the sunshine out,
and say hello to never."

all i have to do is dream ~ everly brothers

"when i want you in my arms,
when i want you and all your charms,
whenever i want you,
all i have to do is dream."

as tall as cliffs ~ margot and the nuclear so and so's

"but i can't bear to hear the things about last year,
i've been up all night, up all night."

afraid, not scared ~ ryan adams

"put the guns in the water,
they're turning to vodka,
triggering nothing,
we're sinking the sea takes the ship."

ache for you
~ ben lee

"there's no rhyme and there's no reason,
you're the secret in the back of my skull,
there's no logic, so please believe me,
our love's confusing, but it never gets dull"

already dead ~ beck

"love looks away,
in the harsh light of the day,
on the edge of nothing more."


accidental babies ~ damien rice

"well i know i make you cry,
and i know sometimes you wanna die,
but do you really feel alive without me?"

"and some fight you gave when i pushed you away from me.
and in the morning when you're turning, i'll be far to sea.
you have broken me all the way down,
you'll be the last you see."

always the last to know (acoustic) ~ del amitri

"when your winter comes,
i’ll be the last to know."


against all odds ~ the postal service

"you're the only one who really knew me at all."

all you want ~ dido

"i'd like to watch you sleep at night,
to hear you breathe by my side;
and although sleep leaves me behind,
there's nowhere i'd rather be."

avalon ~ roxy music

"would you have me dancing,
out of nowhere."

altogether ~ slowdive

"and now seems just a dream,
it broke my heart,
but then i guess you didn't know."

atmosphere ~ joy division

"my illusion,
worn like a mask of self-hate."

asleep ~ the smiths

"sing me to sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment