Sunday, June 8, 2008

but you don't understand me, you don't understand me, and i want to be understood

"if we all leap before we crawl,
we might fall,
and it's not always candy spun from head to heart,
and it's not always meant to be,
and it's not always up to me."

thanks, bree, for posting lyrics from this song today which brought back this album to my music-addicted heart. this has always been a favorite song of hers, of mine. "follow your wishing heart" is quite similar to my favorite "follow your bliss" that my grandmother used to tell me. sometimes i wake up and realize how much i've lost my way in following bliss.

but, it is never too late to change, to start your own life over, to re-define who you are, to surprise people, to surprise yourself, and to do something for your wishing heart. i hope to find that moment someday soon, not that i'm sure of how it will look or feel, but hopefully i will know when i find my roads again.

No comments:

Post a Comment