Monday, April 21, 2008

fall asleep next to me

black and blue (live, video) ~ counting crows

"fading everything to black and blue,
you look a lot like you,
shatter in the blink of an eye,
you keep sailing right on through.

every time you say you're learning,
you just look a lot like me,
pale under the blistering sky,
white and red,
black and blue.

you've been waiting a long time,
you've been waiting a long time,
to fall down,
on your knees;
cut your hands,
cut yourself until you bleed,
and fall asleep next to me.

wait for everyone to go away,
and in a dimly lit,
room where you've got nothing to hide,
say your goodbyes.

tell yourself we'll read,
a note that says,
i'm sorry everyone,
i'm tired of feeling nothing,
goodbye.

wash your face,
and dry your eyes.

cause you've been waiting a long time,
you've been waiting a long, long time.
to fall down,
on your knees,
cut your hands,
cut yourself until you bleed,
but fall asleep next to me.

have a dream i'm falling down,
on my face,
scrape my knees,
scrape my hands until they bleed,
cause you're fast asleep next to me,
next to me,
next to me,
next to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment