Saturday, August 11, 2007

shine


august has been rough, so far, in more ways than i care to count or calculate. there has been quite a bit of hurt painted messily across the faces and hearts of those i love the most. makes me want to scoop us all up and lie us all down on the sand.

off in the distance is a ferris wheel, a circle of the skies the limit and we all fall again; another reminder that when you truly connect with another's soul it comes around and around, never staying far for too long. time and oceans and miles and distance mean nothing when the cord takes hold; love brings us all back, and together, eventually.

i stood in by the ocean, and in it, mere days ago and i'm already longing for the salt water in my hair and the sand between my toes, again. i've said it before, and i mean it with all that i am: the ocean, she soothes me.

so, bring it on august, i can take it. i have my love, and the ocean, and my circle of souls to keep me strong; and music, always music.

but i'd much rather feel the heat of august
than be sheltered and numb

No comments:

Post a Comment