Friday, May 23, 2008

like a coin operated lullabye


five steps to disaster
five more steps to a dizzy debauchery
and he was you
yes, darling, and you were me


tricks of the trade
striped violin playing lines
dance around your legs, your hands
without you i'm nothing but sand

reeling and forgetting names, numbers
the drizzle drop trickle
bloodletting
her name is rio and she dances

days go by without tearing the pages
down, dear dark one, down farther still
you leave lipstick marks on my ankles
criss crossed tic tac toe stains

on your elbows, eyelids
the shadow of my dreamscape
post coital recall
asleep in someone else's story

pour me another, my monkey twin
pose your best pout for me
then twirl, spin, twirl again
without the onset of a recovery

we will be the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment