Monday, October 6, 2008

ah the night here it comes again

la cienega just smiled ~ ryan adams
la cienega just smiled (live) ~ ryan adams

"and i hold you close in the back of my mind,
feels so good,
but damn it makes me hurt.
and i'm too scared to know how i feel about you now,
how i feel about you now.
la cienega just smiles and says,
'i'll see you around'"


(those lines, right there, they mean so much to me)


last night my phone rang and on the other end i heard this song. this is my favorite ryan adams song for many reasons both deeply personal, and also because i love the feel to it, the story that is being told, and the familiarity with the subject matter. i've had many experiences in my own life, on or around la cienega, in los angeles.


so when the call came from two of my dearest friends, calling from a live show in wisconsin, it meant the so much to me. it is an incredible feeling to feel known by people you love.

2 comments:

  1. and i hold you close in the back of my mind,
    feels so good,
    but damn it makes me hurt.


    I put those lines on the card on my dad's flowers at his funeral. I wish I could tell him the thousand reasons that those lines remind me of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*
    He was so lucky to have you as his daughter. I love you, darling.
    This song has always held such deep feelings for me; to you, as well.

    ReplyDelete