Sunday, March 29, 2009

And you will be changed

"I once was lost,
but now i'm found.
Was blind,
but now I see you.

How selfish of you to believe in the meaning of all the bad dreaming.

Metal heart you're not hiding,
metal heart you're not worth a thing."

Metal Heart ~ Cat Power

The film Dedication, which I watched and wrote about last night, had a soundtrack that was as unforgettable as the film itself. Eccentric, bittersweet, melancholic, and full of an array of mood swings, much as Henry himself was.

Cat Power's Metal Heart was the standout favourite, almost upstaging the scene it resides in. When Metal Heart began to play, and Chan's voice trilled in, the combination of scene and song brought me to tears.

Chan Marshall's voice is one that quite often brings me to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment